Salary: S&C role = Voluntary / H&F role = HSV grade 3 (£6153 0.3 FTE)
Hours: 40hrs per week (S&C = 0.7 FTE, 28hrs per week / H&F = 0.3 FTE, 12hrs per week)
Duration: 1-year work placement from Wed 1st Sep 2021 – Wed 31st Aug 2022
To Apply: This opportunity is exclusively available to University students looking to undertake a sandwich year. Please send a copy of your CV (maximum of 2 pages) & cover letter (maximum of 1 page) explaining why you feel you would be a good asset to the Performance Herts & HSV fitness teams to Fiona Scott, Head of Physical Performance at email@example.com
Closing Date: Midnight on Sunday 14th Feb 2021
Interview Date(s): Monday 22nd Feb 12:30 – 14:30 and/or Friday 26th Feb 12:30 – 14:30 2021. Please state your availability for those dates when applying.
Contact Details: For an informal discussion about this post please contact the Performance Herts team at firstname.lastname@example.org The main contacts for the placement role are Charlie Kay & Fiona Scott.
Our vision is to be the region’s leading S&C provider. To help us achieve our vision we are looking to recruit a hardworking, knowledgeable and highly passionate aspiring S&C coach to join our team on a work placement year.
Our clients & athletes include; England Squash, Women’s FA, Saracens Mavericks, England Netball, Arsenal Women’s FC, England Golf, County & Regional Golf Swimming & Netball squads, TASS athletes, UH Performance Sports & Scholars & many more.
Working with the support of Body Balance Physiotherapy, Hertfordshire Sports Village (HSV) & the University of Hertfordshire (UH), our work enables athletes to optimise their performance, avoid injury, peak for major competitions, & educate them in areas such as recovery methods, nutrition & anti-doping.
The S&C part of this role is supplemented by a paid role as a health & fitness coach within the HSV gym team. This is a newly added part of this work placement role in order to broaden experience to include the H&F industry, fitness qualifications & training of the general public as well as S&C experience with grass root athletes through to World Class performers. This addition will also increase your earning potential, the number of qualifications you can gain over the year, & ultimately your employability.
We are looking for a University student who is looking to take a sandwich year to help support our S&C & H&F teams from September 2021 for a year’s work placement. If you are interested in working within sport, S&C & H&F & looking to supplement your CV with experience working with a wide range of athletes (both level & sports) under the supervision of a team of UKSCA accredited & highly experienced S&C coaches who will help you work towards accreditation & qualifications then please feel free to apply. You must be able to use your own initiative, be pro-active, have a thirst to learn, work well as part of a busy & multidisciplinary team & have good people & computer skills.
Previous work placement students have gone on to these roles:
- Lead S&C coach at Coventry University
- S&C Coach for Ealing Rugby FC
- S&C Coach for England Rugby Sevens
- S&C Coach for Coventry Blaze Ice Hockey Team
- S&C Coach at Performance Herts
- S&C Coach for Saracens Mavericks Youth
Previous work placement students have this to say about their year at Performance Herts & HSV:
- “My placement year at Performance Herts was the highlight of my University degree. It was the perfect environment to develop myself both academically and professionally. A culture of development that stems from the management through the coaches, the interns, into the athletes make this an excellent place to work. I would highly recommend this placement to anyone who’s looking to take the next step in their career.”
- My placement at Performance Herts created so many opportunities for me to improve as a coach during that year and since then too. The main area it helped me with was by increasing my confidence in training and leading group sessions and my knowledge base which vastly helped with my 3rd year modules and dissertation.”
We look forward to reading your application