We are looking for enthusiastic, committed and motivated students to join the Athletic Union for next academic year (2018-19).
Working with the Athletic Union offers many great opportunities to the right candidates to gain some real and exciting work experience in sports development, marketing, events and customer service. Working hours will be ad hoc and spread across daytime, evening and weekends.
Applicants should have some previous experience of working or volunteering in the sports, marketing or events sectors and have the relevant skills to welcome, interact, enthuse other students to get involved in activities which will enhance their student experience. Coaching qualifications are desirable but not essential.
Some of the duties invoved in this role include:
- Assist with organising Athletic Union fixtures including producing confirmation packs, organising playing kit and being a match day contact.
- Assist with planning and co-ordinating key Athletic Union events including Sports Fair, Team Photos, Varsity and Sports Awards.
- Attend UH Open Days to promote the Athletic Union programme.
- Assist with maintaining and enhancing the Athletic Union social networking accounts (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- Any other duties linked to the Athletic Union programme as required.
As part of the recruitment process all candidates applying for any of the above roles must be available Monday 21st May – Friday 25th May 2018, 9am – 5pm (and possibly one evening) at Herts Sports Village de Havilland Campus to complete the following qualifications necessary for the Activator role:
CSLA Level 2 (Community Sports Leader Award)
First Aid, Safeguarding and Protecting Children
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Applicants should email a CV and covering letter titling the email ‘Athletic Union Activator application’ to Laura Johnson, L.6.Johnson@herts.ac.uk at by midnight on Sunday 6th May 2018.