Deadline: Sunday 23 May | 23:59
Do you have a passion for growing basketball and inspiring others to participate?
Do you want to play a part in helping the University Community find their fit within our HertSquad programme?
Working as a Basketball Activator offers a number of opportunities to gain real and exciting work experience. This is a paid role and hours will vary due to the nature of the programme. Typically, Basketball Activators will work between 6-10 hours per week.
*Please note this position is only available to students studying at the University of Hertfordshire for the 2021-2022 academic year*
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and welcoming students
- Students who have a passion for and a knowledge of basketball
- Reliable, committed and organised students
- Good communicators
- Students with a knowledge of / willingness to learn about all HertSquad programmes.
What are some of the duties of a Basketball Activator?
- To welcome, interact with and enthuse students and staff to get involved in basketball activities both at university and within the local community
- Promote all levels of basketball campus wide to encourage more students and staff to get involved via methods such as face to face interaction and social media
- Attend key events, such as Sports Fair, Freshers Fair and Refreshers Fair, to promote all basketball opportunities and signpost students to the appropriate level of basketball
- Assist with organising fixtures, regularly updating results and league tables and organising equipment
- Coordinate regular weekly turn up and play sessions, leagues and semesterly tournaments
- Ensure all sessions are safe, fun, have a welcoming environment for all and, if required, operate within COVID-19 guidelines (training will be provided)
- Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
- Run online virtual sessions dependent upon the needs of the programme
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as and when required
- Identify other opportunities to expand student or staff basketball participation
- Monitor and report to the HertSquad Team the number of students / staff involved in the sessions / events delivered
- Scan University I.D. cards at each session / event using our HSV Hub app
- Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required.
To be considered for this role all applicants must be available for the following dates:
- An appointment week commencing Monday 5 July 2021 to complete online HR checks
- Monday 13-Friday 17 September 2021, 09:00-17:00 for in-person recruitment on the de Havilland campus.
Following the recruitment process, if you are successful you will be required to attend in-person training on the de Havilland campus from Monday 20-Friday 24 September 09:00-17:00.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the dates above are subject to change. In the event of any changes a member of the HertSquad Team will be in direct contact with you.
Applicants should send a covering letter and CV via email titled ‘Basketball Activator Application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on Sunday 23 May 2021.
Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who are successful.