£9.99 per hour
Casual, part-time contract
We are looking for casual Sports Assistants (Lifeguards) to join our vibrant and welcoming team at the University of Hertfordshire Sports Village. The successful candidates will join our dedicated team to prepare for delivering bookings and events in our swimming pool, indoor/multi-use areas and outdoor facilities.
Our first class facilities and expert team attracts customers from elite sports professionals to those who are just starting out. We welcome students, staff and the local community. You will be part of a team delivering bookings and events from international/national standard through to kid’s parties and local grass roots level. This includes connecting with organisations including Arsenal Women’s FC, Saracens Mavericks, England Fencing, Swim England, England Badminton, British Weightlifting and many more.
Skills and experience needed:
- Energy and enthusiam
- A positive, personable and welcoming approach
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- A current and valid NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification)
- The ability to work as part of a shift rota, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- WELCOMES values (see job description)
Employee Benefits include:
- A competitive hourly rate with opportunities to progress
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training, development and progression opportunities
- UniDays, NUS and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- and much more...
Equipped with a positive approach, the ability to work hard and with the ongoing professional development we provide, you will have opportunities to progress within your role as well as gain experience in wider areas of the business.
Interested in this position?
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Gavin Carr (Operations Manager) or call 01707 281197.