£23,952 starting salary plus performance related pay (salary uplift to £24,791 following successful completion of 6 month probation period).
Permanent full-time contract
The University of Hertfordshire Sports Village is seeking a Duty Manager to lead a busy operations team.
Our first-class facilities and expert team attract customers from elite sports professionals to those who are just starting out. We welcome students, staff and the local community. You will be leading a team delivering bookings and events from international/national standard through to kid’s parties and local grass roots level. This includes connecting with organisations including Arsenal Women’s FC, Saracens Mavericks, England Fencing, Swim England, England Badminton, British Weightlifting and many more.
The postholder will have full responsibility and accountability for ensuring all bookings and events are delivered efficiently and effectively on shift, with guest-orientated service at the centre of delivery.
The post holder will lead by example and oversee all staff working on shift ensuring all facilities are clean, safe and welcoming and that service is delivered to all members in-line with our vision, mission and values.
Skills and experience needed:
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A positive, personable and welcoming approach
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage operational team on shift
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- A current and valid NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) and First Aid at Work (or ability to obtain within 3 months)
- Supervisory operational experience in a wet and dry facility
- Line management experience of staff, recruiting and inducting new members of staff
- The ability to work as part of a shift rota including early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- High level of organisational and communication skills
- WELCOMES Values (see Job Description)
Employee Benefits include:
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress
- Annual performance related bonus
- Free gym membership
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training, development and progression opportunities towards Duty Manager level
- Up to 26 days annual leave per year plus 8 Bank Holidays, sick pay & pension scheme
- Access to University and Associated College courses
- UNiDays, TOTUM (formerly NUS Extra) and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- Exercise ‘Happy Hour’
- And much more…
Apply through our online application process using vacancy reference number 029955.
Wednesday 14 October 2020