£26,670 (salary uplift to £27,784 following successful completion of 6 month probation) plus Performance Related Pay
40 hours per week, permanent contract
We are looking for an exceptional and proactive individual to join the University of Hertfordshire’s Sports Village to support senior management staff. The successful candidate will develop and maintain both the Sports Village departmental administrative systems and procedures and the University’s finance, HR & Document Management systems to maintain a wide range of data and records. The post holder will support all members of the Senior Management Team with tasks that are relevant to the post including writing actions from meetings, undertaking tasks to support recruitment and induction of staff and staff development/training.
This is a demanding and broad ranging role with a vast amount of responsibility in the management of company and staff matters. You must be a hardworking and pro-active self-starter with the confidence, organisation and resourcefulness to handle the demands of the role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Implement or facilitate projects as appropriate, working with colleagues across Herts Sports Village and the University. This may include drafting and maintaining project plans; planning meetings; clerking meetings and disseminating information and instructions to relevant staff; and acting as a point of advice, reference and information.
- Overview and manage the recruitment and induction processes from raising appropriate paperwork through to the induction processes.
- Support and facilitate ongoing training and development of all staff employed at Hertfordshire Sports Village ensuring robust induction of new starters.
- Update and maintain staff data on CORE HR software.
- Assist with the management of document management and CRM systems
- Review, develop and implement cross-team processes to ensure departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide administrative support for the Head of People & Processes, Director of Sport and wider Senior Management Team when required.
Skills and experience needed:
- Personable and self-motivated with proven experience and advanced level skills in MS Word suite as well as a high level of organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative, be pro-active, work well under pressure and be able to work as part of a busy, vibrant and friendly team.
- Experience of managing projects/contracts and delivering to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Proven experience in administration, office procedures and an ability to manage demanding workloads
- Ability to work confidently and professionally with senior management staff maintaining confidentiality at all times
- People and project management experience
Employee Benefits include:
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress
- Performance related pay
- Free gym membership
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training, development and progression opportunities
- Up to 26 days annual leave per year + 8 Bank Holidays, sick pay & pension scheme
- Access to University and Associated College courses
- UniDays, NUS and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- Exercise ‘Happy Hour’
- and much more...
BSc Degree level qualification as a minimum requirement, ideally in a relevant field or relevant demonstrable experience.
Interested in this position?
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity, please email Ruth Clark (Head of People & Processes) or call 01707 281195.