SALARY: Negotiable based on relevant experience and qualifications
4-10 Hours per week
12 month Contract
The University of Hertfordshire has a long and outstanding history in American Football with the Hurricanes at the forefront of the sport within the university sector for a number of years. The University has an exciting and challenging position for a new Head Coach to lead and drive the programme forward for the season 2019-20.
MAIN DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- To Lead and be responsible for the delivery of the University of Hertfordshire American Football Performance Programme
- Lead and coordinate all club training sessions in conjunction with support coaches and staff
- Lead and coach the team during all organised fixtures
- Lead, support and coordinate the assistant coaches and support staff throughout the season
- Work in partnership with the Performance Sport Manager and HertSquad staff team
to ensure the delivery of the athlete support services throughout the season.
- In conjunction with the HertSquad Performance Staff, plan, organise and implement a player & coach recruitment strategy to ensure the ongoing success and development of the programme.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Experience of coaching American Football
- Knowledge / Awareness of University Sport
- NGB Level 2 Qualified Coach. (Or a commitment to gain in near future)
- A commitment to the University and Performance Sport
- A confident and professional manner able to represent and act as a positive ambassador of the University at all times.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to connect with and inspire developing athletes & coaches.
THE TEAM and the PROGRAMME
- The Team play in the BUCS Southern Premier League and National Finalists in 2018-19
- 2 x min team sessions per week with additional weekly Gym and S & C sessions
- Classroom and Performance Analysis sessions
- Weekend league and cup fixtures
- Excellent match and training equipment available.
To apply for the role please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to the contact e-mail below:
Contact name: Bryn Clark – Deputy Director of Sport
Contact e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 26th July 2019
Start Date: September 2019
For an informal discussion regarding the position please contact Bryn Clark on the e-mail above or contact number: (01707) 281194.