Earn up to £90 per week for 10 hours work during the academic year.
Closing date: Wednesday 1 May 2019 | 23:59
Want to implement new and innovative ideas to engage more students in Sport and Physical Activity at the University of Hertfordshire?
We are looking for creative, enthusiastic and pro-active students to create engaging and exciting promotional
and marketing materials for three of the HertSquad programmes (Active Students, Campus Sport and the
Athletic Union). Working as part of the HertSquad team offers great opportunities to gain real and exciting work experience in marketing and promotion. Earn up to £90 per week for 10 hours work which will be spread across daytime, evening and weekends. Due to the nature of the programme the work load will vary each week.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• Creative students with innovative ideas to improve engagement and increase the reach of
• Students with knowledge on the latest trends and social media platforms
• Reliable, committed and organised students
• Ability to communicate openly and effectively
What are some of the duties involved in being a Marketing Activator?
• Promote Active Student sessions and events to the least sporty and physically active students
• Promote Campus Sport and/or Athletic Union leagues, fixtures, results and events to a wide
variety of students
• Increase the spectator base for the HertSquad programmes
• Be familiar and up to date with marketing platforms that are popular with students
• Gather feedback and insight on all the HertSquad programmes
• Attend marketplaces, fairs and events to promote all the HertSquad programmes
• Offer input into creative meetings and share ideas
• Work with the Sports Village marketing and graphic design team to produce marketing collateral
• Attend early morning team meetings
• Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required
As part of the recruitment process all applicants applying for the role must be available for Monday 20 May – Friday 24 May 2019, 09:00 – 17:00 at Herts Sports Village, de Havilland Campus to complete the following qualifications which are mandatory for the AU Activator role:
• CSLA Level 2 (Community Sports Leader Award)
• First Aid, Safeguarding and Protecting Children
This role is only open to current University of Hertfordshire Students.. Applicants should send a covering letter and CV via email titled ‘Marketing Activator application’ to Alice Horton at email@example.com by 23:59 on Wednesday 1 May 2019.