Earn up to £45 per week for 5 hours work during the academic year.
Closing date: Wednesday 1 May 2019 | 23:59
Do you want to play a part in helping the University Community find their fit within
our HertSquad programme?
Working as a Netball Activator offers many great opportunities to gain real and exciting work experience. The Netball Activator role is a combination of working and voluntary hours. Netball Activators can earn up to £45 per week for 5 hours paid work which will be spread across daytime, evening and weekends. Due to the nature of the programme the work load will vary each week.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• Friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming students
• Students who have a passion for and a knowledge of netball
• Reliable, committed and organised students
• Good communicators.
What are some of the duties involved in being a Netball Activator?
• Introduce students and staff to the different forms of the great game, support others to continue playing
and encourage keen netballers to play more netball both at university and within the local community
• To welcome, interact with and enthuse students and staff to get involved in netball enhancing their
• Promote all levels of netball campus wide to encourage more students to get involved via methods
such as face to face marketing, leaflet dropping and social media
• Attend key events such as Sports Fair, Freshers Fair and Refreshers Fair to promote all netball
opportunities and signpost students to the appropriate level of netball
• Assist with organising fixtures, regularly updating results and league tables and organising equipment
• Coordinate regular weekly turn up and play sessions, leagues and semesterly tournaments.
This includes acting as a first point of contact for players and umpires
• Ensure all sessions are safe, fun and have a welcoming environment for all
• Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
• Attend early morning team meetings
• Identify other opportunities to expand student or staff netball participation
• Monitor and report to England Netball and the HertSquad team the number of students/staff involved
in the sessions/events delivered
• Scan student/staff I.D. cards at each session/event via our HSV Hub app
• Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required
As part of the recruitment process all applicants applying for the role must be available for Monday 20 May – Friday 24 May 2019, 09:00 – 17:00 at Herts Sports Village, de Havilland Campus to complete the following qualifications which are mandatory for the Netball Activator role:
• CSLA Level 2 (Community Sports Leader Award)
• First Aid, Safeguarding and Protecting Children
• England Netball University Netball Officer training (dates/times TBC but likely to be in September)
This role is only open to current University of Hertfordshire Students. Applicants should send a covering letter and CV via email titled ‘Netball Activator application’ to Lynne Pestle-Bass at email@example.com by 23:59 on Wednesday 1 May 2019.