£22,064 starting salary plus performance related pay (salary uplift to £22,598 following successful completion of 6 month probation period).
Permanent full-time contract
We are looking for an exceptional and proactive individual to join our successful HertSquad team in delivering the multi award-winning Active Students and Active Staff programmes. The post offers a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to develop project management skills in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You will plan, co-ordinate and deliver a vibrant and comprehensive programme of sport, wellbeing and physical activity initiatives and events aimed at engaging the least sporty University students and staff. You will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the university to ensure the programme is embedded into the student experience.
You will line manage the team of enthusiastic student activators, assist with gathering insight, monitoring and evaluation and promotion of the programmes to ensure they are effectively engaging the correct audience.
Skills and experience needed:
- Experience of projects that aim to increase participation through sport, physical activity and wellbeing
- Familiar with the significance of utilising insight
- Confident with monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with engaging hard to reach groups
- Working with students would be advantageous
- Possess the skills to be a motivating and supportive line manager to student activators
- Basic awareness of project budgets
- Strong belief in adopting and promoting service excellence across all programmes
- Ability to embed the same service excellence mindset within the student activator team to ensure the best possible experience for participants
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well under pressue and be able to work independently as well as part of a busy team
Employee benefits include:
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress
- Annual performance related bonus
- Free gym membership
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training, development and progression opportunities
- Up to 26 days annual leave per year plus 8 Bank Holidays, sick pay & pension scheme
- Access to University and Associated College courses
- UNiDays, TOTUM (formerly NUS Extra) and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- Exercise ‘Happy Hour’
- And much more…
Graduate or equivalent qualification or relevant demonstratable experience.
Apply through our online application process using vacancy reference number 032995.
Sunday 16 May 2021
w/c Monday 7 June 2021
Our vision is to transform lives and UH is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and building a diverse community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their protected characteristics. We offer a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave and discounted Sports Village memberships, personal and professional development and family-friendly policies. #GoHerts