Earn up to £45 per week for 5 hours work during the academic year.
Closing date: Wednesday 1 May 2019 | 23:59
Do you enjoy participating in racquet sports, such as badminton, squash and tennis? Do you want to encourage more people to participate and develop within these sports?
HertSquad are looking for students who have a keen interest in racquet sports to promote the participation opportunities across campus. You do not need to have coaching experience, you just need to have an interest in racquet sports!
What kind of people are we looking for?
• Friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming students
• Students who have a passion for and a knowledge of racquet sports
• Reliable, committed and organised students
• Good communicators
What are some of the duties involved in being an Activator?
• Promoting all racquet sport opportunities to students and staff across the University
• To welcome, interact and enthuse other students to get involved in racquet sport activities which
will enhance their student experience
• Welcome participants to sessions, make them feel at ease and do your best to ensure they have
a great experience and want to come again
• Assist with HertSquad racquet sports leagues, tournaments and events
• Ensure sessions are safe, fun and have a welcoming environment for all
• Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
• Scan student ID cards at each session using our HSV HertsHub app
• Attending early morning team meetings
• Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required
As part of the recruitment process all candidates applying for the roles must be available for Monday 20 May – Friday 24 May 2019, 09:00 – 17:00 at Herts Sports Village, de Havilland Campus to complete the following qualifications which are mandatory for the Activator role:
• CSLA Level 2 (Community Sports Leader Award)
• First Aid and Safeguarding and Protecting Adults (completed in September 2019)
This role is only open to current University of Hertfordshire Students. Applicants should send a covering letter and CV via email titled ‘Racquet Sports Activator application’ to Lynne Pestle-Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on Wednesday 1 May 2019.