Deadline: Sunday 23 May | 23:59
Do you have a passion for roller skating and want to inspire others to learn how to skate and further develop their skills?
We are looking for students who have an interest in roller skating to assist with and lead the Active Students and Active Staff Roller Skating sessions and events.
Working for Active Students and Active Staff offers many great opportunities to gain real and exciting work experience. This is a paid role but hours will vary due to the nature of the programme. Typically, Roller Skating Activators will work between 3-5 hours per week.
*Please note: this position is only available to students studying at the University of Hertfordshire for the 2021-2022 academic year*
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and welcoming students
- Students who have a passion for and a knowledge of roller skating
- Reliable, committed and organised students
- Good communicators
What are some of the duties of a Roller Skating Activator?
- Promote roller skating activities to students and staff
- Maintain and organise the roller skating equipment
- To welcome, interact and enthuse other students to get involved in activities which will enhance their student experience.
- Welcome participants to sessions, make them feel at ease and do your best to ensure they have a great experience and want to come again
- Ensure sessions are safe, fun, have a welcoming environment for all and, if required, operate with COVID-19 guidelines (training will be provided)
- Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
- Scan University ID cards at each session using our HSV Hub app
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as and when required
- Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required.
To be considered for this role all applicants must be available for the following dates:
- An appointment week commencing Monday 5 July 2021 to complete online HR checks
- Monday 13-Friday 17 September 2021, 09:00-17:00 for in-person recruitment on the de Havilland campus.
Following the recruitment process, if you are successful you will be required to attend in-person training on the de Havilland campus from Monday 20-Friday 24 September 09:00-17:00.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the dates above are subject to change. In the event of any changes a member of the HertSquad Team will be in direct contact with you.
Applicants should send a covering letter and CV via email titled ‘Roller Skating Activator Application’ to email@example.com by 23:59 on Sunday 23 May 2021.
Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who are successful.