Earn up to £45 per week for 5 hours work during the academic year.
Closing date: Wednesday 1 May 2019 | 23:59
Do you have a passion for roller skating and want to inspire others to learn how to skate
and further develop?
We are looking for students who have an interest in roller skating to assist with and lead the Active Students and Active Staff roller skating sessions and events. Working for Active Students and Active Staff offers many great opportunities to gain real and exciting work experience. Activators can earn up to £45 per week for 5 hours work which will be spread across daytime, evening and weekends. Due to the nature of the programme the work load will vary each week.
What kind of people are we looking for?
• Friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming students
• Students who have a passion for and a knowledge of roller skating
• Reliable, committed and organised students
• Good communicators
What are some of the duties involved in being an Activator?
• Promoting roller skating activities to students and staff
• Maintain and organise the roller skating equipment
• To welcome, interact and enthuse other students to get involved in activities which will enhance
their student experience
• Welcome participants to sessions, make them feel at ease and do your best to ensure they have
a great experience and want to come again
• Ensure sessions are safe, fun and have a welcoming environment for all
• Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
• Scan student ID cards at each session using our HSV Hub app
• Attending early morning team meetings
• Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required
As part of the recruitment process all candidates applying for the roles must be available for Monday 20 May
– Friday 24 May 2019, 09:00 – 17:00 at Herts Sports Village, de Havilland Campus to complete the following
qualifications which are mandatory for the Activator role:
• CSLA Level 2 (Community Sports Leader Award)
• First Aid and Safeguarding and Protecting Adults (completed in September 2019)
This role is only open to current University of Hertfordshire Students. Applicants should send a covering letter and CV via email titled ‘Roller Skating Activator application’ to Alice Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on Wednesday 1 May 2019.