£26,206 starting salary plus performance related pay (salary uplift to £27,338 following successful completion of 6 month probation period).
Permanent full-time contract
We are looking for an exceptional and proactive individual to join our successful HertSquad team in delivering the multi award-winning Active Students and Active Staff programmes. The post offers a unique opportunity for the successful applicant to lead, manage and develop within the role.
Main duties and responsibilities:
You will be expected to oversee and manage a comprehensive, insight-led programme of sport, wellbeing and physical activity initiatives as part of the University wide Active Staff and Students programmes. You will lead on the development of all new wellbeing initiatives, using physical activity as the main driver and work collaboratively with Wellbeing Services, the Students’ Union and other departments to ensure they are embedded into the student experience.
You will be responsible for ensuring projects offer excellent engagement opportunities that are delivered on budget, marketed effectively, have robust monitoring and evaluation methods from which you will be able to demonstrate and communicate the wider impact. You will line manage the Project Officer and support the post holder to create a vibrant and nurturing atmosphere for the team of student activators.
Skills and experience needed:
- Ability to demonstrate experience of working on insight-led programmes that connect sport, physical activity and wellbeing, drive participation and ultimately evidence and present impact
- Have experience with engaging hard to reach groups
- Working with students would be advantageous
- Line management experience
- Confidence in managing project budgets
- Strong belief in adopting and promoting service excellence across all programmes
- Ability to embed the same service excellence mindset within the project delivery team to ensure the best possible experience for participants
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well under pressue and be able to work independently as well as part of a busy team
Employee benefits include:
- A competitive salary with opportunities to progress
- Annual performance related bonus
- Free gym membership
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training, development and progression opportunities
- Up to 26 days annual leave per year plus 8 Bank Holidays, sick pay & pension scheme
- Access to University and Associated College courses
- UNiDays, TOTUM (formerly NUS Extra) and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- Exercise ‘Happy Hour’
- And much more…
Graduate or equivalent qualification or relevant demonstratable experience.
Apply through our online application process using vacancy reference number 032996.
Sunday 16 May 2021
w/c Monday 24 May 2021
Our vision is to transform lives and UH is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and building a diverse community. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their protected characteristics. We offer a range of employee benefits including generous annual leave and discounted Sports Village memberships, personal and professional development and family-friendly policies. #GoHerts