Unpaid role with benefits
Minimum of 8 hours per week, over 2 shifts
Performance Herts, based at the University of Hertfordshire, are a team of UKSCA accredited S&C practitioners who deliver S&C services to; England Squash, England Golf, England Women’s Football, Arsenal Women’s FC Academy, Saracens Mavericks Netball, TASS, Regional Basketball & Netball Academies, Hertfordshire Golf, National Level Swimmers, University Scholars and Performance Sports plus many more.
Performance Herts are seeking a new cohort of S&C work experience students for the next academic year. To be eligible, you must be able to commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week over 2 shifts, plus regular team CPD training, between 31 August 2020 and 4 April 2021. Placements can be extended beyond this following a review in early 2020. Available hours will be subject to change based on the COVID-19 situation, but the shifts from the 2019/2020 year are below as a general indication of what work experience opportunities will be on offer:
- Mondays 6:30-9:30am / 4-9/10pm
- Tuesdays 6:30-9:30am / 4-9/10pm
- Wednesdays 10am-2pm / 4-9/10pm
- Thursdays N/A / 4-9/10pm
- Fridays 6:30-9:30am / 2:30-8/9pm
On occasions there will also be the opportunity to assist on other work including; university degree practicals, workshops, courses and fitness testing.
This is an unpaid role, however in return for assisting with the daily running of our elite performance
centre, we offer the following benefits:
- Free places on our CPD courses and workshops, in areas including:
- Olympic Weightlifting
- Speed, Agility and Plyometrics
- S&C Level 1, 2 and 3 (Needs Analysis, FMS, Programming & Periodisation)
- Opportunity to shadow / assist with S&C sessions involving developmental up to elite senior international athletes and squads from a range of able bodied and Paralympic sports
- The chance to be mentored by accredited, experienced and knowledgeable coaches, working in high performance sport and postgraduate education
- Regular, hands on guidance towards your UKSCA accreditation
- The opportunity to train, work and learn in a happy and thriving high performance environment with stateof-the-art facilities and equipment
- Potential to move into an hourly paid coaching role
What we are looking for:
- Professional, organised and polite aspiring coaches with an interest in high performance training, sports science and S&C
- Strong work ethic and passion for learning and developing
- Prior experience with free weight training and general athletic movements (running, jumping, throwing)
- Enrolled on an FE or HE S&C, sports science or related course
- The ability to commit to regular hours between September 2020 and April 2021
To apply, please send your CV (maximum of 2 pages) and covering letter (maximum of 1 page) to email@example.com
Sunday 12 July 2020 (before 5pm)
Interviews will take place w/c 20 July.
Please state any days / times that you would not be available in your application.