£20 per hour depending on experience/qualifications
Part-time, casual basis
An exciting opportunity has arisen for inspiring, motivating and engaging Swim Teachers to join our team.
We are expanding our programme and are looking for experienced teachers to further enhance our reputation for providing quality teaching, in low ratio classes, in our newly refurbished pool.
You will be required to deliver stages 1-7 of the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming to children of all ages.
What we are looking for:
- Swim England/ASA Level 2 or equivalent qualified Swim Teachers
- Knowledge of teaching and assessing swimming skills and techniques in line with the Swim England NPTS
- Ability to engage learners across all levels and ages
- An ability to deliver consistent exceptional customer service
- A current NRASTC (National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches)
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive hourly rate of up to £20 per hour depending on experience/qualifications
- The opportunity to join a forward thinking, positive and committed team with clear direction
- Specific induction and ongoing support, training and development to improve yourself
Lessons take place from 4-6pm weekdays and from 9.15-12pm on Saturdays.
You will be required to commit to a minimum of one term’s classes at least one day per week, with further opportunity for 1-2-1 and adult lessons outside of that time. You will deliver classes as part of a team of teachers in our 25m pool with boom and moveable floor. You will be required to teach the required skills to the appropriate level in a fun and engaging manner and assess the learner’s competencies against the NPTS.
The Sports Village is a busy and vibrant facility for students, staff and the local community. As a single site operation we value, invest and listen to staff to ensure happy returning customers. Our vision is to become Hertfordshire’s leading facility and service provider for sports, health and fitness.
You must be welcoming, willing to go the extra mile, lead by example and have the ability to consistently exceed expectations. If these values are important to you and you want to make a real difference, then we would love to hear from you.
Interested in this position?
For an informal discussion about this vacancy, please contact Ingrid Wilkes (Swim Programme Coordinator) on 01707 281178 or email Ingrid
For full details of the role and to apply today please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter detailing your experience to Ingrid