Deadline: Sunday 23 May | 23:59
Do you enjoy getting involved in running or jogging activities, such as parkrun? Do you want to encourage more people to participate and develop their jogging / running?
HertSquad are looking for students who have a keen interest in getting involved in running activities to promote the participation of UniRun across the University of Hertfordshire. You do not need to have coaching experience; you just need to have an interest in running! This is a paid role and hours will vary due to the nature of the programme. Typically, UniRun Activators will work between 3-5 hours per week and need to be available on Wednesday afternoons.
What is UniRun?
UniRun is a weekly timed 3.5k event on a Wednesday afternoon at Ellenbrook Fields, behind the de Havilland campus. In which we encourage staff, students and the local community to walk, jog or run the 3.5K. The event is run by volunteers and we encourage inactive or semi-sporty students and staff to get involved.
*Please note: this position is only available to students studying at the University of Hertfordshire for the 2021-2022 academic year*
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Friendly, enthusiastic, motivated and welcoming students
- Students who have a passion for encouraging people to get involved in UniRun
- Reliable, committed and organised students
- Good communicators.
What are some of the duties of a UniRun Activator?
- Promote UniRun to students and staff across the University
- To welcome, interact and enthuse students and staff to get involved in UniRun
- Welcome participants to sessions, make them feel at ease and do your best to ensure they have a great experience
- If required, operate within COVID-19 guidelines (training will be provided)
- Administer first aid when required (training will be provided)
- Scan University ID cards at each session using our HSV HertsHub app
- Undertake other administrative duties associated with UniRun
- Complete the health and safety check of the route (training will be provided)
- Attend and contribute to team meetings as and when required
- Any other duties linked to the HertSquad programme as required.
To be considered for this role all applicants must be available for the following dates:
- An appointment week commencing Monday 5 July 2021 to complete online HR checks
- Monday 13-Friday 17 September 2021, 09:00-17:00 for in-person recruitment on the de Havilland campus.
Following the recruitment process, if you are successful you will be required to attend in-person training on the de Havilland campus from Monday 20-Friday 24 September 09:00-17:00.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation the dates above are subject to change. In the event of any changes a member of the HertSquad Team will be in direct contact with you.
Applicants should send a covering letter and CV via email titled ‘UniRun Activator Application’ to email@example.com by 23:59 on Sunday 23 May 2021.
Any applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Due to a high volume of applications, we will only contact applicants who are successful.