Our swimming pool has undergone some unexpected wear and tear and we need to fully investigate the cause of these issues. To enable this to happen the pool will close from Tuesday 25 July until Sunday 3 September 2017 inclusive.
What work will be carried out during the pool closure?
A number of key tasks will be carried out that will allow us to fully investigate what is causing the pool liner tears. Since the pool needs to close we have also made the decision to carry out the following improvements to poolside and pool changing rooms at the same time.
• Installing three new shower cubicles and replacing the existing showers in the men’s changing rooms;
• Replacing tiles in the men’s shower area and re-grouting of tiles around poolside;
• Deep clean of the entire pool, including high-level areas;
• Full inspection, servicing and survey of the moveable floor, pool structure and liner;
• Remedial works to equipment in the pool plant area.
If all works go to plan, we hope to be able to open the pool by Friday 1 September. We have built some contingency into the schedule as it can take longer than planned to re-fill the pool and get the water temperature and chemical balance to the levels required to re-open. We will keep you updated on progress throughout.