Make this tortilla the night before for a quick picnic lunch for the family or for work/school packed lunches - packed with lots of flavour!
Follow our simple recipe below:
Sweet Potato, Spinach & Feta Tortilla
- Serves 3 (or 2 adults and 2 children)
- Healthy, balanced lunch idea
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g baby spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Pierce the potatoes a few times each side. Microwave on high for 5-8 mins until soft, then set aside to cool a little.
- Heat the oil in a 20cm ovenproof frying pan and wilt the spinach for a minute or two (you may have to do this in batches). Cut each potato in half length-ways and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh, keeping it in big chunks. Whisk the eggs.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and stir to combine with the spinach - don’t break it up too much. Pour in the egg and swirl around so it fills any gaps in the pan. Scatter over the feta and cook for 4-5 mins over a low heat until the bottom and sides are set.
- Place under the grill for 1-2 mins to cook the top - poke a knife into the centre to ensure it is cooked through. Cool before slicing into wedges.
Will keep chilled for up to a day.