Kids will love to help bake these cute cookie pops this Easter, topped with buttercream, desiccated coconut and chocolate chips!
Follow our simple recipe below:
Vanilla Chick Biscuit Pops
- Fun and easy to make
- Easter treats
- Kid friendly
- Makes 15-18 biscuits
- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 200g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Few drops of yellow food colouring
- 75g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 50g small chocolate chips
- 25g orange or white fondant icing, plus a few drops of orange food colouring
You will need:
- 15-18 lolly sticks (see tip below)
- Ribbon, to decorate (optional)
- Put half the butter and all the sugar in a bowl. Using an electric whisk or wooden spoon, beat together until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and half the vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Tip the flour into the mixture and mix on a low speed until it comes together to form a dough. Gather up into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment. Put the biscuit dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out until about 5mm thick. Cut out the biscuits using a 6cm round cutter. Transfer the biscuits to the prepared trays and insert the lolly sticks into the sides, just a quarter of the way through. Bake for 6-7 mins until the edges are golden brown, then carefully transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Meanwhile, make some buttercream frosting. Place the remaining softened butter in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon. Slowly add the icing sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until thoroughly incorporated and you have a smooth, creamy mixture. Add a little milk and the remaining vanilla extract with a few drops of food colouring to give a pale-yellow colour. Chill for 5 mins.
- Put the desiccated coconut in a small bowl, add a few drops of yellow food colouring and mix well until the coconut is coloured pale yellow.
- Spread the buttercream frosting over one side of the biscuit and sprinkle with the coconut. Add 2 chocolate chip eyes to each. Pinch a little orange fondant icing and shape into a beak and press into the mixture. Decorate with a ribbon, if you like, and serve. Will keep for 2 days in an airtight container.
Tip: To make these biscuit pops, you will need to buy ovenproof lolly sticks. You can get them from most cake shops, or the baking aisle of larger supermarkets.