It's time to warm up those bodies!
Struggling for lunchtime ideas to warm up the family on these cold and dreary January days?
Try out our delicious Cheese and Brocolli soup recipe and instantly feel comforted.
Follow our simple recipe below:
Cheese and Broccoli Soup
Healthy cheese and broccoli soup that is thickened with a potato and doesn't contain heavy cream. Packed with healthy vegetables - comforting and satisfying.
- 4 servings
- 269 calories per serving
- Gluten free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 white potato cut into 0.5 inch cubes (see rule 1 in the video below)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 470ml broth
- 230ml milk (see rule 2 in the video below)
- 125g cheddar cheese shredded (see rule 3 in the video below)
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the celery, broccoli, potato, salt, pepper, and broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is soft when poked with a fork.
- Add the milk then blend with an immersion blender (stick blender) until creamy and smooth.
- Add the cheese in 3-4 batches, stirring each time until it has melted into the soup.
- Serve up and enjoy!
Check out 5 rules on how to make the perfect soup HERE.