Salary: £15 - £20 per hour (dependant on experience)
Contract: Hourly Paid – Variable hours to be confirmed
Closing date: Ongoing
Intervew Date: TBC
Location: Hertfordshire Sports Village, Hatfield
We are looking for qualified climbing instructors to join our vibrant and welcoming team at University of Hertfordshire Sports Village. The successful candidates will join our dedicated team in delivering a wide range of events and training as part of our climbing wall programme.
Our first-class facilities and expert team attract customers from all abilities. We welcome students, staff, and the local community. You will be part of a team delivering climbing instruction for bookings and events from school groups, adult education, NICAS, 1-2-1 coaching, SEND and inclusive climbing. You will also benefit from additional training and coaching guidance.
Skills and experience needed:
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A positive, personable, and welcoming approach
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- A current and valid Climbing Wall Instructor (CWI), Climbing Wall Development Instructor (CWDI) or Rock-Climbing Instructor (RCI) qualification
- Experience of working with groups
- The ability to work as part of a shift rota, including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- WELCOMES values (see job description)
Employee Benefits include:
- A competitive hourly rate with opportunities to progress
- Regular work and classes with hours pre-agreed
- Ongoing support, training, development, and progression opportunities for career development
- UniDays, NUS and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- and much more...
Hertfordshire Sports Village provides extensive sports facilities and services to the local community, students and staff of the University of Hertfordshire. Proudly named as one of Leisure and Hospitality’s 20 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, Hertfordshire Sports Village is committed to ensuring our staff team are connected and engaged. Welcoming, going the extra mile, leading by example and the ability to consistently exceed expectations are some of the values we look for in our team members. If you share these values and want to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
Apply for this exciting role by sending your CV and covering letter to David Watson (Climbing Development Officer) HERE. Alternatively, you can apply through our online application service at https://www.herts.ac.uk/staff/careers-at-herts
REHABILITATION OF OFFENDERS ACT
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The University requires that the successful applicant who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure & Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. An Enhanced Disclosure will be required, and this will include details of cautions, reprimands, or final warnings, as well as convictions. The University of Hertfordshire complies with the 'Code of Practice for Registered Persons and other recipients of Disclosure Information'. DBS Checks may be renewed in line with policy.
Overseas applicants and UK applicants who have lived abroad
Successful applicants who have lived outside the UK, for 12 months or more (whether continuously or in total), in the last 10 years, will be required to produce a ‘Certificate of Good Character/Conduct’ from each of those countries.