A healthier and balanced alternative to the Saturday night chicken kebab and chips dinner.
Perfect for everyone in the household to enjoy and why not even serve up into separate bowls and build your own chicken kebab?
Follow our Health and Fitness Coach/Course Trainer Bish's simple recipe below:
Marinated Chicken Kebabs with Coconut & Chilli Sweet Potato Fries
- 2-4 servings
- "Fakeaway" dinner
- Valentine's lockdown meal idea for your partner or the whole family!
- 4x chicken breast or mini fillets
- 4x pitta bread
- 2-4x large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp za’atar
- Wedge of lemon
- Squeeze of honey
- Salad to serve (iceberg, red onion, cucumber & tomato)
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Mix paprika, za'atar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper and spread over the chicken.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chips.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Melt coconut oil on a baking tray, take the potatoes out of the microwave and coat with the flour, coconut oil and chilli flakes.
- Tip onto a tray, coat with oil and bake for 25 minutes or until crispy.
- Pan fry the chicken until juices are clear and caramelised.
- Pile the cooked chicken into the pitta with salad and serve with the fries.