Packed with biscuits, sultanas, puffed rice and lots of chocolate, these refrigerator bars are ideal for an Easter treat.
Follow our simple recipe below:
Crispy Chocolate Fridge Cake
- Makes 16-20 chunks
- Perfect for Easter fun
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 100g butter, diced
- 140g golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g biscuits, roughly chopped
- 100g sultanas
- 85g Rice Krispies
- 100-140g mini eggs (optional)
- 50g white chocolate, melted
- Line a 20x30 inch tin with baking paper. Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl - set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth and glossy. Add the vanilla, biscuits, sultanas, and Rice Krispies and mix well until everything is coated.
- Tip the mixture into the tin, then flatten it down with the back of a spoon. Press in some mini eggs if using and put in the fridge until set. When hard, drizzle all over with the melted chocolate and set again before cutting into chunks.