This is a carry exercise that engages your full body - with emphasis on your core, legs, biceps, shoulders and back muscles . This can be used within a warm up, cool down, or within your strength routine.
- Start with one kettlebell on the floor next to your foot, then with a straight back, bend down and pick up the kettlebell (to prevent injuring your spine) with one hand.
- Bring one leg up towards your chest as high as you can and then return to the ground, repeating on the other leg in a marching fashion. Ensure you are not rocking side to side.
- Perform 10-12 marches with the kettlebell in one hand and repeat with the kettlebell in the other hand.
- Do not rock from side to side, try and keep your body in one straight line throughout the exercise.
- Ensure your toe is flexed (not pointed) when in the air.
- Add a kettlebell in both hands, making sure they are the same weight.
- Swing and hold the single kettlebell up in front of you (with the bottom of it facing the ceiling) to add an extra element of stability.