Competitive Hourly Rate
Casual part-time contract
We are looking for engaging and self-motivated Swim Teachers to join our team.
We have a diverse and developing swim programme which we are looking for experienced teachers to further enhance our reputation for providing quality teaching in low ratio classes. Swim Teachers are required to be flexible and adaptable and able to teach Ducklings from three and a half years old up to Stage 10 equivalent. So if you are able to deliver fun and engaging lessons in accordance with the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming (NPTS) to children and meet the criteria below we would love to hear from you.
Our children’s swimming lessons take place from 15:45-18:15 weekdays, plus from 14:00-15:00 Tuesdays and Thursdays and 09:15-12:15 on Saturdays. We have some regular sessions available, for which you would need to commit to a minimum of a term’s classes at least one day per week, but we are also looking for teachers able to provide ad hoc cover for sickness and holidays. You will deliver classes as part of a team of teachers in our 25m pool with boom and moveable floor. Swim Teachers will be required to teach the required skills to the appropriate level in a fun and engaging manner and assess the swimmer’s competencies against the NPTS.
Skills and experience needed:
- Swim England (ASA) Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- Current Swim England Safeguarding qualification or the ability to achieve within 3 months
- Knowledge of teaching and assessing swimming skills and techniques in-line with the Swim England NPTS
- An ability to deliver consistent exceptional customer service
- At ease with young children, able to build their confidence and engage learners across all levels and ages
Employee Benefits include:
- A very competitive hourly rate
- Pension scheme
- Free use of the facility – gym and pool for regular teachers
- University benefits such as access to an employee support programme and discount schemes
- The opportunity to join a foward thinking, positive and committed team with clear direction
- Specific induction with ongoing support, training and development
- UniDays, NUS and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- and much more...
Swim Teachers must be welcoming, willing to go the extra mile, lead by example and have the ability to consistently exceed expectations. If these values are important to you and you want to make a real difference, then we would love to hear from you.
Interested in this position?
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Ingrid Wilkes (Swim Programme Manager) by email HERE.
If this position interests you then please email your covering letter (including your availability to teach within our swim programme) to Ingrid Wilkes (Swim Programme Manager) HERE.