£20 per hour
Casual part-time contract
We are looking for qualified, self-motivated Swim Teachers to join our team.
We have a diverse and developing swim programme which we are looking for experienced teachers to further enhance our reputation for providing quality teaching in low ratio classes. Swim Teachers are required to be flexible and adaptable and able to teach Ducklings from three and a half years old up to Stage 10 equivalent. So if you are able to deliver fun and engaging lessons in accordance with the Swim England National Plan for Teaching Swimming (NPTS) to children and meet the criteria below we would love to hear from you.
Our children’s swimming lessons take place 16:00-18:00 weekdays, plus from 14:00-15:00 Tuesdays and Thursdays and 09:15-12:15 on Saturdays. We have some regular sessions available, for which you would need to commit to a minimum of a term’s classes, but we are also looking for teachers able to provide ad hoc cover for sickness and holidays. You will deliver classes as part of a team of teachers in our 25m pool with boom and moveable floor.
Skills and experience needed:
- Swim England (ASA) Level 2 or equivalent qualification
- Current RLSS National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers and Coaches qualification, National Pool Lifeguard qualification, equivalent qualification or the ability to achieve whithin 6 months
- Current Swim England Safeguarding qualification or the ability to achieve within 3 months
- Knowledge of teaching and assessing swimming skills and techniques in-line with the Swim England NPTS
- An ability to deliver consistent exceptional customer service
- Ability to engage learners across all levels and ages
Employee Benefits include:
- A competitive hourly rate of up to £20 per hour
- Pension scheme
- Discounted use of the facility
- The opportunity to join a foward thinking, positive and committed team with clear direction
- UniDays, NUS and Galleria discount cards
- Discounted travel on UNO buses
- Regular staff social events
- and much more...
Swim Teachers must be welcoming, willing to go the extra mile, lead by example and have the ability to consistently exceed expectations. If these values are important to you and you want to make a real difference, then we would love to hear from you.
Interested in this position?
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Ingrid Wilkes (Swim Programme Manager) by email HERE.